Design Committee Information
The Design Committee meets every third Tuesday, 8 a.m., at the Downtown Association Office. The purpose of this committee is to develop guidelines and programs for the enhancement of Downtown, to maintain pre-established beautification programs, and handle issues related toward the maintenance of a clean, safe, and beautiful Downtown district. The Design committee also works to promote public art in the Downtown.
Design Committee Members
- Landy Fike - The Tribune, Chair
- Bob Seeley - SOHO Studio
- Bruce Fraser - Fraser Seiple Architects
- Jackie Crane
- Julie Towery - Property Owner
- Karen Kile - San Luis Obispo Museum of Art
- Lynn Hessler - Artist Extraordinaire
- Pam Seeley - SOHO Studio
- Stephen Patrick - Stephen Patrick Design
- Ron Combs - SLO City Arborist - Guest
- Shannon Bates - SLO City Public Art Manager - Guest
Downtown Foresters—Plant, Prune & Protect!
The Downtown Foresters formed in May 2007—as a sub-committee of the Design Committee—to assist City tree crews in caring for and maintaining the trees in the Downtown area. They receive training from City Arborist Ron Combs and are responsible for assisting with planting, pruning, watering, fertilizing and looking out for the “urban forest.”