Small Business Saturday® is a movement created by American Express in 2010 to encourage people across the country to support small, local businesses. It has continued to grow and last year shoppers supported their neighborhood businesses like never before, embracing the day as a holiday shopping tradition and spending an estimated $14.3 billion on that day at small independent businesses.
This year the event will take place on Saturday, November 28th and the San Luis Obispo Downtown Association has joined the movement by becoming your Neighborhood Champion. We are hosting a #ShopSmall Selfie event in our community! Help us spread the word on the benefits of shopping small and encourage patrons to come to shop and dine at our local businesses.
*Sign up is FREE and easy!*
• Sign up for FREE with American Express by visiting www.AmericanExpress.com
• Download digital marketing materials
• Request marketing merchandise from American Express
• Build buzz on your social media sites
• Decorate your storefront to let customers know you are a Small Business Saturday® participant
• Create a space in your business to invite patrons to take selfies on Small Business Saturday®
• Encourage patrons to share with #ShopSmall #DowntownSLO on their social media
• Offer treats or specials on Small Business Saturday® Saturday, November 28th