STEAM Alley is a brand new section of the Downtown SLO Farmers’ Market offering interactive displays for visitors of all ages with the intention of promoting science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. Displays might include robotics, crafting, games, design, and engineering projects. STEAM Alley takes place on the last Thursday of each month.
We are partnering with local organizations and business owners to create an opportunity for market-goers to learn and explore through fun and interactive displays while also providing a promotional opportunity for those participating.
Have an idea for STEAM Alley?
We would love for you to participate! In order to to provide an engaging and stimulating section of the market to people of all ages, we ask for applicants whose displays are:
- Fun & Entertaining
- Family Friendly
Steps to apply as a STEAM Alley participant:
- Read FAQs
- Read through Rules and Regulations
- Register on ManageMyMarket.com and create your business/organization profile
- Select “STEAM Participant” as your Vendor Type.
- In the Products section of the application please select “promotional materials”
- If any field does not apply to your organization, please type NA in the box in order to move on.
- Need assistance creating your business/organization profile and applying to the market? Click here to view an application tutorial.
- Click here to apply for Downtown SLO Farmers’ Market/Request dates
- Application will be reviewed by SLO Downtown Association staff.
- If approved, you will receive an email notification.
- Upload required documents as listed in “licenses” tab
- Educate your staff/representatives on market rules and regulations.
- Receive invoice for upcoming dates.
- Make payment and track payment history in “Account” tab of your ManageMyMarket.com client portal or by mailing in or dropping off payment.
- Promote your presence at the market on your social media pages, newsletters, etc.
- Attend Market!