08 Nov Window Decorating Contest Winners Announced
Our Window Decorating Contest has come to a close, but Downtown’s windows are still shining brightly! Come Downtown, see the windows in person, and support our Downtown shops this holiday season. We are pleased to announce our contest winners:
- 1st Place: Bluebird Salon for its fully-operational cuckoo clock display
- 2nd Place: HumanKind Fair Trade for their elegant and ethereal angels under a tree
- 3rd Place: EcoBambino for their animated bunny kitchen
- Best In Theme (“A Very Vintage Holiday”): Unique Selections for their Jetsons-inspired window
The public was invited to participate by casting their vote for People’s Choice. Nearly 400 votes were cast in the online People’s Choice survey, again demonstrating great public support for the contest.
- People’s Choice: Downtown newcomer Junk Girls for their recycled and repurposed materials display
Members of Downtown SLO’s Cultural Arts Committee made the rounds to judge windows on Tuesday, November 27 at 5:30 PM. Voting for the People’s Choice award was open from November 23 through November 27.
Big thanks to ALL our participating businesses this year:
2Blondes | Almost Perfect Boutique | Ambiance Boutiques | AT&T Spring Mobile | Blackwater | The Bladerunner Salon & Spa | Bluebird Salon and Spa | Change Of A Dress | Charles Shoes | Dune Central Coast | EcoBambino | Femme Jules D. | Hands Gallery | Hemp Shak | HepKat Clothing & Beauty Parlor | HumanKind Fair Trade | JCC-Federation of SLO | Jules D. | The Junk Girls | Michael’s Optical | Moon River Salon and Spa | Mother’s Tavern | !Romp Shoes | Salon62 | San Luis Traditions | SLOFLY | Stephen Patrick Design | Takken’s Shoes | Ten Over Studio | The Ritual | The Sock Drawer | Twig & Arrow Salon | Unique Selections | Urban Optics