To Foster an Economically Vibrant Downtown.
Duties of the SLO Downtown Association
The Downtown Association primarily serves its members in the areas of Parking, Promotions, Design, Economic Activities and Thursday Night Promotions. (See our Committee Page) Committees for these issues are comprised of business owners, employees and the public at large. The 11-member Board of Directors is comprised of business owners and managers.
One important fact about the Downtown Association operation is that it is entirely voluntary, with the exception of the staff, and that it is a member-run organization. The businesses are their own guide and determine the ultimate direction of the Downtown Association.Read More
Strategic Business Plan & Annual Report
The Downtown Association’s current Strategic Business Plan was updated in 2013 by retired Executive Director Deborah Cash.
SLO Downtown Association at Work for Its Members & the Community
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors meets every second Tuesday at 7:30 AM in the Downtown Association conference room. Board members serve 2-year terms beginning April 1st of the election year and ending March 31st; two consecutive terms may be served. Board members serve as chairs and members of one of the standing committees described below. Other committee assignments include finance, nominating and executive committees.
SLO Downtown Association Board of Directors
- Kannyn January – Ambiance Clothing Boutique; President, Executive Committee, Downtown SLO Farmers’ Market Committee Chair
- Aaron Gomez – The Gold Concept Jewelry & Design; Vice President, Economics Activities Committee, Parking & Access Committee, Issues Evaluation Committee
- Joanne Currie – Splash Café Seafood & Grill; Secretary, Food, Beverage & Services Committee
- Doug Shaw – The Sanctuary Tobacco Shop; Downtown SLO Farmers’ Market Alternate Chair
- Gary Stevenson – Peak Property Management; Past President, Special Events Committee Chair,
- John A. Spatafore – John A. Spatafore Attorney at Law; Economic Activities Committee
- Josh Haring – The Mountain Air; Issues Evaluations Co-Chair
- Jules DuRocher – Jules D. Boutique; Executive Committee, Economic Activities Chair
- Marshall Ochylski – The Law Office of Marshall E. Ochylski; Past President, Executive Committee, Issues Evaluation Committee
- Pierre Rademaker – Pierre Rademaker Design; Parking & Access Committee, Economic Activities Committee, Issues Evaluation Committee
- Rodessa Newton – Libertine Brewing Company
- Stephen Patrick – Stephen Patrick Design & The BladeRunner Salon & Day Spa; Design Committee Chair
- Carl Dudley – Pacific Western Bank; Designated Member, Financial Treasurer, Executive Committee
- Landy Fike – The Tribune; Media Representative, Executive Committee, Design Committee Chair
- Laura Mullen – HumanKind Fair Trade; Designated Member