Not an automatic member but care about the well-being of downtown SLO? Become a voluntary member!
Certain businesses located within the Business Improvement Area (BIA) boundaries, including banks, non-profits, and churches, are exempt from tax certification and therefore are not automatic Downtown SLO members. We strongly encourage these businesses, as well as downtown residents, and businesses located outside of downtown to become voluntary members.
- A place in an organization that speaks with one voice for all of downtown
- A safe space to voice questions, comments, and concerns
- Connections to city and county resources
- A chance to amplify the downtown experience
- Opportunities to be involved in Downtown SLO-hosted events
- Waived application fee for a booth at the Farmers’ Market
- Access to networking events with other downtown businesses, our Board of Directors, and City of SLO employees
Networking & Connection
Business Education Series
Meetings informing members, business owners, and downtown stakeholders regarding relevant downtown issues and topics are held as needed. Learn more about upcoming sessions here.
Members and stakeholders of Downtown SLO receive monthly newsletters with important information regarding our programs, city updates, road closures, and other relevant information. To sign up, send us an email with your name and business!
Special task forces and groups meet regularly to discuss public activations, events, safety, and more. Reach out to find out about how you can get involved!
The Downtown SLO Annual Breakfast is generally held in October to highlight achievements over the fiscal year, provide updates, and plan for the future.
$150/year for commercial business
$75/year for individuals
$50/year for nonprofits
Thank you to our current Voluntary Members!
Christian Science Reading Room
Girl Scouts of CA Central Coast
San Luis Obispo Chamber of Commerce
San Luis Obispo Children's Museum
San Luis Obispo Classical Academy
San Luis Obispo County Library
San Luis Obispo Repertory Theatre
SLOCOG: San Luis Obispo Council of Governments