The Design Committee meets every third Tuesday of each month at 8 AM in the Downtown Association office. The purpose of this committee is to develop guidelines and programs for the enhancement of Downtown, to maintain pre-established beautification programs, and handle issues related toward the maintenance of a clean, safe, and beautiful Downtown district. The Design committee also works to promote public art in the Downtown.
Design Committee Members
- Stephen Patrick – Stephen Patrick Design & The BladeRunner Salon & Day Spa; Design Committee Chair
- Bruce Fraser – Fraser Seiple Architects
- Karen Kile – San Luis Obispo Museum of Art
- Landy Fike – The Tribune, Board of Directors Media Representative Member
- Michele Gordon – Downtown Resident
- Ryan Brockett – Ten Over Studio
- Lynn Hessler – Artist Extraordinaire – Guest
- Melissa Mudgett – City of San Luis Obispo Public Art Program Manager – Guest
- Ron Combs – City of San Luis Obispo Arborist – Guest
Downtown Foresters—Plant, Prune & Protect!
The Downtown Foresters formed in May 2007—as a sub-committee of the Design Committee—to assist City tree crews in caring for and maintaining the trees in the Downtown area. They receive training from City Arborist Ron Combs and are responsible for assisting with planting, pruning, watering, fertilizing and looking out for the “urban forest.”