The Cultural Arts Committee meets every third Tuesday of each month at 8 AM in the Downtown Association office. The purpose of this committee is to develop guidelines and programs for the enhancement of Downtown, to maintain established beautification programs, and handle issues related toward the maintenance of a clean, safe, and beautiful Downtown district. The Cultural Arts Committee also works to promote public art in Downtown.
Cultural Arts Committee Members
- Stephen Patrick – Stephen Patrick Design & The BladeRunner Salon & Day Spa; Design Committee Chair
- Bruce Fraser – Fraser Seiple Architects
- Karen Kile – San Luis Obispo Museum of Art
- Landy Fike – San Luis Obispo Resident
- Ryan Brockett – Ten Over Studio
- Melissa Mudgett – City of San Luis Obispo Public Art Program Manager – Guest
- Ron Combs – City of San Luis Obispo Arborist – Guest
Downtown Foresters—Plant, Prune & Protect!
The Downtown Foresters formed in May 2007—as a sub-committee of the Cultural Arts Committee—to assist City tree crews in caring for and maintaining the trees in the Downtown area. They receive training from City Arborist Ron Combs and are responsible for assisting with planting, pruning, watering, fertilizing and looking out for the “urban forest.”