Mission Statement: To provide a broad range of promotional events and activities to attract people to the Downtown core, to provide businesses with promotional opportunities, to retain a favorable business atmosphere and to raise funds for the Downtown Association operations.
This committee oversees the Concerts in the Plaza summer concert series, Special Events within Downtown SLO Farmers’ Market throughout the year, a comprehensive Holiday program including the Holiday Parade, Santa’s House and the Classic Carousel in Mission Plaza.
Special events are an integral part of the Downtown Association’s mission to ensure Downtown is a vibrant and economically viable center for businesses and a safe, clean and beautiful place for visitors to enjoy themselves.
The Special Events Committee meets the first and third Wednesday of each month at 9 AM in the Downtown Association office. If you are interested in joining the committee, contact Jennifer DiSanto at 541-0286 Ext. 11 or Jennifer@DowntownSLO.com.
Special Events Committee Members
- Gary Stevenson – Peak Property Management; Special Events Committee Chair, Board of Directors
- Christian Young – Wells Fargo
- Kathy Collins – Maino Brothers Corporation
- Laurel Cadena – Miner’s Ace Hardware
- Nancy Stuhlmiller – Rabobank
- Rahul Vinchhi – Which Wich Superior Sandwiches
- Ryan Benson – Haven Properties
- Terry Detrick – Heritage Oaks Bank
- Therese Cron – Copeland Properties
- Molly Cano – SLO City Tourism Manager – Guest