Become a Downtown SLO Farmers' Market Entertainer!
The Downtown SLO Farmers' Market is proud to host incredible family-friendly entertainment FREE to the public every Thursday along Higuera Street.
Looking for this week's line-up? Click Here
Want to perform at the market?
- Applications require a non-refundable $20 submission fee.
- Applications are reviewed and approved based on the performer’s ability to attract patrons and enhance the market's ambiance and mission. Applying does not guarantee approval or performance date.
- Types of entertainment that we look for include: instrumental and vocal musicians, dance groups, children’s puppet theater, improv performers, jugglers, and magicians.
- If approved, your email will be added to our booking list. Each quarter you’ll have the opportunity to request dates for the upcoming quarter. We do our best to accommodate your requested dates but cannot guarantee them.
- Confirmed dates cost $20 to book (High Season) and $10 (Winter Season)
- Some entertainment will be required to have proof of insurance with the ability to list Downtown SLO and the City of SLO as additionally insured. If this is the case, you will be notified.
- New and returning entertainers are required to apply every season.
- Entertainment must be able to perform for the entire duration of the market (approx. 2.5 hours)
- Entertainment must be family-friendly and free to the public.
- Entertainment must be able to adhere to the sound limitations (75db) at the market.
- Entertainment that is a crowd-pleaser and adds value to the market's mission and goals will be prioritized.
- Entertainment will support and not overpower surrounding merchants, vendors, and residential units.
- Drum kits must have noise dampening in place.
Approved entertainers at the market receive:
- Marketing on their behalf across social media, email campaigns, and five local radio stations.
- Authorized use of amplified sound during the market.
- Access to thousands of people who tip well!
- A dedicated area to perform in
- The chance to advertise and network for future gigs.
Ready to apply? Click here
Questions? Email us.