Tankhead Fish (original)

Category: Public Art

Address

1095 Marsh Street
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

View on Google Maps

Details

Artist: John Augsburger

The Tankhead Fish is a metal sculpture that was donated by Myron Graham in 1977. This piece was suspended over the creek in San Luis Obispo’s lovely creekwalk, but was washed away during a storm in 1996. The Tankhead Fish was replicated by John’s son, Randy Augsburger following the storms and returned to its original location. Years later, after a replacement was installed, the original fish, seen here, was discovered in the creeks. It was repaired and relocated to its current location at Cheng Park.

Nearby Shopping

Nearby Dining

Nearby Services